This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

April 26, 2010

Olwë sends Aloysius home


AelKennyr Rhiano

With Aloysius perched upon his forearm, Olwe walks with sure steps to the palace balcony, looking over the still and quiet night. He and his guests have talked several times during the day, and long into the night. Long he mulled over the stories of the Lady Nexus, the further tales of Lord Varanwe, and the adventures of his own great granddaughter, Fi. From his tacturn guard, he learned precious little, the warrior elf more often grunting one word answers than launching into any great discourse. Now, under the light of the moon, he raises his arm, and beckons the faithful owl to wing home. As the flap of the bird's wings grown distant, his eyes sweep across his beloved Alqualonde, the only sounds now were the rustling of the wind and the slap of the water upon the shore. He hums to himself, an old tune, one he heard at his own table when he took quiet meals. Quietly, he sings to himself.:

"Long I waited for thee,
Thy name in my heart.
The wind whispered to me:
One day he will come.
The sea sung to me,
Be patient, be still.
Love will come when it will.

Long I have seen thy face,
Long I have ached for thy touch.
If I could but hear you call my name
I'd wait until the seas burned away.

Long I sat patiently,
Thy love a shape in dreams.
The moon whispered to me:
Your soul he'll renew.
The trees sigh to me,
Be steadfast and know.
Love never withers, it grows.

Long I dreamed I held you at last.
Long I held you in my heart.
If I could but hear you call my name
I'd wait until the seas burned away.

Don't make me wait
till the seas burn away."

His voice died away, quiet descending once more. Sighing, Olwe turned and walked softly back into his palace.

> Next