This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

May 13, 2010

Olwë Pens a Letter


AelKennyr Rhiano

A Swan beats his wings, chest heaving, as he makes headway toward the sylvan lands of Queen Comet. No time for a collar with a scroll case, the graceful bird clutches a rolled up scroll in his mouth, bearing the graceful, curved Quenya script of Olwe himself.

"To my Beloved Cousin, the Graceful Queen of the Sylvan Elves, from Olwe, King of the Teleri Elves comes anxious Greetings,

Word has been delivered to me from the Ainur Keeper of Wolfsong, Lindor Tel'Tar, of a report of the presence of two balrogs in your lands. Today, whilst I was in conference with Osse, the Lord of the Waves, who shared news with me of the growing awareness of the Greater and Lesser Ainur of the approaching Darkness, Lady Lindor encountered a balrog over the skies of Alqualonde.

I have been given the ultimatum of submitting from this foul creature, something I shall not do, even though the cost be my own life. His master remained unnamed and unknown to me. But now, it is clear that whoever his master is, he is aware of the presence of Alqualonde. What else may be known by this shadowy enemies, we may only guess. I would like to come to your court and speak with you and your councillors, my Sweet Cousin, of the information that Lord Osse brought, veiled and brief though it was, and take conference, if you will, of how to face this threat together.

May Eru Illuvatar protect and keep thee and thy people, Dear Sovereign, and may fair winds caress your dear, and beautiful face, until we meet once more.
Olwe”

> Next Alqualondë       > Next Sylvhara