This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

April 3, 2012

"Go Now"

< Previous  


A look flits across Eonwe's face, and for a moment the blue eyes become hard, flinty.  He drops his hands and swallows a few times. Inhaling deeply, he tilts his head and looks briefly at the Vala of Compassion before turning his gaze, softening even as he swivels to the Breath of Arda.  "Trust in you." He pauses and takes another step forward.  "My Lord, oh, my Lord. I was brought into this creation trusting you.  No part of he who is Eonwe can do aught but trust you." He bows his head and looks up at Manwe through the hair that falls across his face and eyes.  "I trust you even when I am discounted, when words from my lips fall as a drop of water in a desert, a wasteland of dismissal and disregard.  I trust you even when my heart aches and I am parted from you. Still, Lord, I trust."


He slowly raises his head. "And, my Lord, I trust in the Maker. I trust him to deceive, to have no faith, no honor, no regard, nor love for any of Eru's creation. He, My Lord, loves himself, and his creations, which he thought once would supplant the trueborn creations of Eru's love. That, my Lord, I trust."

 Nienna smiles brittlely at her king.  "Lorien?  I ... if you say so.  Lorien is nice.  Este will be there. Este is nice."  She always liked her sister-in-law Este.  Her brother, Irmo, she remembers vaguely, is away, somewhere.   She always liked the gardens of Lorien.  Such relaxing gardens.  Now that she has more practice with physical senses, it might be interesting to see the gardens again.  "Yes, Lorien.   Lorien would be pleasant."  Though it makes no sense at all why Aule is not here, and why Manwe is being so mysterious about him.

She turns to scowl disdainfully at the Herald, though still addressing her king.  "Is this one, who knows not of what he speaks, coming also?"

Ilmarë hides a frown. She has heard Eonwë's opinions on the Maker before, and she had hoped to hear him less bitter now that he was reconciled to Lord Manwë. Well, at least they are speaking face to face, her lord and her brother. She blinks in the direction of Lady Nienna. Why does the Valie of Compassion seem so dim-witted? She speaks as one of the Children who have been at the wine too long. Is this not one of the Aratar, noted for her wisdom? As Nienna looks down her nose at Eonwë, Ilmarë roots herself to the ground to keep from darting forward and protesting, but only because she does not want to interrupt the Lord of the West. Her hand, laid on Eonwé's forearm, digs sharply into his skin.

Eonwe glances down at the slender, delicate fingers that were clutching his arm tightly. Placing his other, callused hand atop her delicate, soft one, he turns his head slightly in the direction of Nienna, though his eyes remain firmly affixed upon the face of the Lord of the West.  "This one...who knows nothing," he says softly. "This one who has seen how both you and the Smith treat the Maiar who render to you good and faithful service. This one who has seen the marks of your gratitude upon the cheeks of those who give their hearts, their hands, their being to be of assistance." And here he turns his head to gaze full upon her face. "Yes, my Lady, I have been within this hall for some time.  I have seen how loyalty has been rewarded, how trust has been regarded.  But, as you say, I know not of what I speak. So, my Lady, let us summon those who have drawn your bath. brought your food, changed the soiled bed linen in which you and the Maker befouled yourselves. For, it is clear...I know not of what I speak."

Manwe breathes a sigh as Eonwe bickers further about the Maker. He nods approvingly towards Ilmare's support. However, when Eonwe and Nienna start in, he decides enough is enough. He turns to Eonwe.  "You said you trust me: then why do you question my actions with Aule? The Maker will be treated according to his actions. But you should look to your own, my Herald. I requested you go to Lorien, and you said you would listen. So why do you linger here? You should trust me in that my suggestion to you, you will be forgiven. Both of you," he says as he turns to Nienna. "What you did while under the influence of the dark powers is all clear to me. I will pass on my judgment as needed. It is time for you both to leave this place. Go to the Gardens and the healing waters of Lorellin. There is light there and rest. Go now, or I will set forth other action." Manwe finishes sternly.