This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

December 8, 2010

Hondo is Found

> Prev  Tearmann      > Prev  Jillian      > Prev  Hondo
December 8, 2010

Nimros does not know how long he has been weaving in and out of the trees, silently tracking the slender fae he had heard, watching her cautiously, carefully, hoping that in some way to find out what has happened to him, where he is, and more importantly to the young Teleri elf, what he is doing in this land of ice and snow.

Jillian Newey feels rested after the potion that the Lady Echuir gave her, and some color has come back to the fae. But her wings are still not as they used to be. The dreams may not haunt her at night, but they still do while she is awake. Hondo is still missing. She has talked with the Tas to see if he can find anyone to help hunt for her love. Snuggled up with her furry friends she waits till she can gather up strength to start looking for the tracks she found the other day. She dozes and see the King of the Teleri again and wakes with a start.  "Leave me alone," she scream. Looking up, she sees a young elf in front of her.

He lost sight of her for a while as he tracked her, sometimes going by smell, tracking the delicate scent of her, and by the sound of her footsteps, until he comes to a clearing...not a beach, and there she was, atop a large rabbit.  She appeared to be asleep, her chest rising and falling in a steady pattern, and so he cautiously approached her.  Her eyes flutter open and he takes a step back.

"Who are you, elf?"

Nimros steps back, finding himself staring boldly into her eyes.  He blushes a little and stammers as he steps back again.  "I...I..elf...yes.  My name is Teleri...no, I am Teleri. I mean.... My name is Nimros, of the Teleri elves of Alqualonde."

Jillian Newey tilts her head. "I have heard that name before. You are Teleri?"

Nimros blinks and looks puzzled at her.  "The name Ninros? In truth?"  His boyish face flushes a little.  He nods once he understands her meaning and then hurriedly sketches a bow.  "Indeed, my Lady, I am Teleri...from the Swanhaven, Alqualonde."

Jillian Newey walks up to the elf and looks closer at him.  "A very young elf."

Nimros does not hide the curious look he gives to her wings, and a delighted, open smile lights up his youthful face.  "I have never seen wings on a person before," he blurts out, and then flushes again.  "Pardon me, my Lady, but my mother is always admonishing me about being so quick to speak my thoughts."  Then he looks down and takes in her bare feet.  He gasps and hurriedly sweeps off his cloak to offer it to the fae before him.  "Blessed Eru!  You must be freezing ...unshod as you are."  He extends the cloak to her.  Nimros drops his gaze, his face scarlet at her "young elf."  He murmurs, sounding a little petulant.  "I am not THAT young."

"But you are," she answers, giggling. Jillian Newey shakes her head at his offer of his cloak.. "I do not feel this cold, young one. I am a fae." Then her expression turned troubled, and there was a pleading in her eyes. "Were you sent from your homeland to help me?  I was told that someone would come."

Nimros looks back up at her words, his arm still extended, and repeated, making it a question, "Fae?"

"Yes....a faery have you not heard of us?" Jillian Newey is taken aback to this as she has not known that there has never been fae. Slowly, he looks her over, an open curiosity on his face, and a boyish smile as he does so.  "No, no, my lady.  How beautiful you are!  Like an Ainu."  His words pick up speed.  "I have seen one, you know.....two, I think...maybe three...yes, three.  And you look much like them." He pauses. "But you smell of spring and warm breezes, not winter and snow."

 Jillian Newey lowers her head. "But I feel like winter and snow, young one. I am very tired and weak, and I need help in finding my husband.  I am even trusting humans to help." She shakes her head to clear it again.  "Did the elven queen send you to help me?"

Nimros tries to follow her words, and looks a little confused as she talks. Carefull he refastens his cloak and shakes his head.  "I know of no elven queen, my Lady.  In Alqualonde reigns Olwe, King of the Teleri.  But we do not have a queen."  Nimros then speaks again, after some thought.  "Your husband is missing, my Lady?  And pardon me, but the Atani are here? Children of men?"

Jillian Newey jerks her head up of the name of the king, Olwe. "Your King is Olwe?" Now she remembers.  Nimros nods with a broad smile and puffs out his chest a little in the way that young men do when they feel the self importance of the young.  "Indeed, my Lady, Olwe the Compassionate, we call him. "  Then his body language loses that self possession, and his face falls.  "At least that is my last memory....."   his voice trails off. Nimros sucks in his bottom lip and chews on it for a second, his face very serious before he answers her.  "I saw him walk through the city, where my home is...where I live with Mother and Father.  He seemed as always, kind and so friendly. He even challenged me to shoot archery with him the next day."  He pauses. "but the next day never came."

Jillian Newey shakes her head. " You have not seen him?" She decides to say nothing to this young one about her dreams.  "I do need your help to find my missing husband."

Nimros looks up and at the fae in front of him.  "It is my pleasure to be of service, my Lady." Jillian Newey nods and takes a deep breath to slow her heart beat down and her breathing so she can think clearly again. "My young Lord, I do need thy help My husband Hondo, an elf, has been missing he was tracking a ....a beast. Tas, the human, was the last to see of him. He will know of where he went.  I do not and.....I am to weak to fight off one such as this beast is alone."

Nimros nods, listening carefully to her words, his youthful demeanor suddenly still and serious.  "I saw tracks in the woods...very odd tracks...I have seen no beast that slithtered or walked upon four legs leave such a track.  Was this the trail your mate was backtracking?"

Jillian Newey nods slowly . "Yes, that would be them, and I, too, was looking for them."

Nimros nods as he digests the information.  "I have never encountered a human, so I cannot speak to his ability, my Lady.  The tracks were erased, in part by new fallen snow.  Of what clan is your Beloved, my Lady? How was he dressed?"

"Clan? I do not know it is something we do not speak of. He was wearing? I do not remember. I was not myself when he left.I am sorry." Jillian Newey puts her face in her hands. Nimros looks at her for a moment, a surprised look rushing over his youthful face before he masks it and remembers the task at hand.  "It is understandable, my lady." He reaches out and touches her arm.  "Please do not dispair."  His hand tightens at the approach of the others, then relaxes as she greets the strangers approaching as though they were known and friendly to her. She turns to them.  "Greetings, Durzo and Tas."

Durzo bows. "Greetings, Jillian."  Tas smiles slightly as he approaches the Guardian. Jillian turns to the two others.  "Greetings, brother and sister fae."

Carleen Luckstone smiles. "Greetings, dear lady."  The male fae spoke as well.  "Greetings, you are Jillian?"

She nods.  "I am Jillian."  She looks over at the human.  "Tas, thank you for finding others to help look for Hondo."  Jillian Newey looks to the fae wondering how they knew to come.

"They found me."  To his response, Jillian gave a surprised, "Oh?"

Tell us what you know, Jillian, please."  This came from Durzo.

"He is missing, in search of a beast. I do not know where he was last seen but Tas does.  Was it by the entrance of the catacombs,Tas?"

As he has been instructed by his own king, Nimros steps up boldly beside her and places himeself between the fae Lady and the gathering crowd, placeing his body between hers and the stranger bluish person.  he glances about openly, taking in each person there, studying them carefully and with a frank expression.

Jillian explains to the young elf. "Hondo was last seen by Tas." Tas Darkmatter: watches the elf postion himself.

Impatient, Durzo turns to Tas. "Tell us all that you know, Tas, so that we may find him."  Tas looks at Durzo. "Hondo approached me the other day, saying he need to take matters into his own hands." He had a brief flash of sadness on his face.  "I know the journey may be dangerous, but please be careful for I think we have to enter the caves."

Nimros peers closely at the person addressed as Tas.  "You are of the race of Man?" he asks, not rudely, but with a curiosity.  "This is the first time I have met one of the Atani."

Tas looks at the young elf. "Atani?"  I have never heard that term before."

Nimros nods a little and then gives a small bow, placing his hand over his heart.  "It is the word my people have for the race of men...it is no insult, my lord.  I am just awed that I have finally encountered you."  He stepped forward.  "I am Ninros, of Alqualonde."

Tas Darkmatter: :smiles. " I can see you are one of honor, and and no insult was taken."

Durzo asks, "Where are these caves?  We must hasten, for each moment that passes..." he shakes his head.  "Please, let us move quickly."

Jillian Newey studies the new faces again. "Who are you all? I know not these fae who stand before me."

Nimros gives a boyish smile of open friendliness. Shawn Daysleeper smiles at the elf's smile.  "I am Shawn, a winter fae from the far northern lands."

Carleen Luckstone: "Dear lady, I am Carleen. I wandered to your land and met these as they spoke outside the tavern."   Jillian Newey bows her head.

Nimros regards the blue being in front of him, and asks in a low voice.."Are you always blue?"

 "Ummm... most of the time..."  Nimros grins with delight and whispers, "I have never seen anyone with such remarkable blue skin.   I envy you, friend Shawn." Shawn Daysleeper smiles at being called friend by the elf and blushes, turning a deeper blue.   Jillian Newey giggles at the young elf's funny coments.  Nimros smiles back, but his eyes stray to the one called Durzo, watching carefully at the manner of his pacing.

Durzo smiles. "As you know, Jillian. I am Durzo, warrior of the Seelie court. I was sent here to help you in your lands"

Jillian Newey whispers, "I thought since we would be together on this quest we should know who we may be fighting beside."


Tas speaks, returning to the grim matter at hand.  "We may be able to encounter the spider without loss of life. "  He casts a brief glance at Durzo.

Nirmos responded with a startled: "Spider?"  He casts a questioning look at the human.

"Yeah, one of the larger-than-normal variety."

Jillian Newey shivers again at the mention of the beast.  Nimros's brow furrows at the answer.  "But we are seeking the lady's husband. What has the spider to do with this quest?"

Durzo interjects. "I think he implies that Hondo went looking for the spider......"

Tas adds, "The spider maybe standing between us and Hondo."  Jillian says, "Young one, that is what the beast is in our land, yes. Iif any of you wish to not come, it is all right."

Durzo smiles softly. "I shall come aid you, Jillian."  Tas, too, speaks. " I am here for you."  He pauses.  "And Hondo."

Jillian Newey gentaly places a hand on the young elf's arm.  Nimros eyes lights up and he glances over at Jillian.  "Ah, forgive me, my lady.  When you said 'beast,' I thought warmblooded."  He pauses to think a moment. "But if those tracks were made by a spider....Blessed Eru!  That would be ...it could be more dangerous than you realize. We have stories of the great spider Ugoliant and her children...Giant spiders of great intelligence and viciousness."

Tas listens to Nimros.  "This species is a bit...not as bright as some."  He smiles. Shawn was quick to speak up. "I have heard of large spiders, ones so great the chills of winter can not kill them."

Nimros nods at Shawn's words. "I fear we speak of the same creature, mayhap, if it is active in deep winter, as it appears to be here.  But friend Tas, why say you it is not 'bright?'"

Tas continues speaking, though, heedless of the young elf's question.  "We may be able to distract it."

Jillian Newey wings start twitching as she is becoming anxious to find her mate.

Tas addresses the group.  "But we do need to but some actions to our words, for if Hondo is there, we will need to retreive him quickly."

Nimros nods slightly, listening.  "Has anyone tracked it..watched it, knows of its habits?"

Durzo snapped. "We do not have time to watch it simply..... we must act.... and soon." But Tas nods. "I know where it will be resting."

Jillian Newey looks to the elf.  'That is what my love was doing, I fear." 

"As my king would say..action without thought brings rash result."  He pauses, hearing the fear in her voice.  "Lady, he has been gone a long time?"

"Please follow me, " says Tas and starts walking away.  Jillian Newey looks after the others. "Yes, for me it seems forever."

 Nimros nods, and gestures..."Then Lady, allow me to follow and protect you as we see what can be done.  I shall protect thee with my life, if it needs be."

Shawn Daysleeper waits for the the elf and Jillian and thinks they are wiser than the ones that rashly left.  Nimros closely follows the lady, alert for signs of the giant spider. Confused, at one point Jillian stops.  Nimros waits patiently while she gets her bearings, watching warily, alert.

"The caves are on the other side of the mansion. It is tricky to move over this snow."

"Lead the way, " commands Jillian.  Shawn flies around the structure and comes back to say, "I did not notice any spiders."

Durzo asks, "Where is the cave?"  Jillian draws her bow.  Nimros whispers to the blue fae, "The human is reckless."  His eyes constantly scan the surroundings.  Nimroe looks around and keeps himself at her side and behind her. Shawn gives the elf a slight nod. 

"We will need to get alittle wet.  We must pass through the waterfall," warns Tas.

Durzo takes flight and goes throught the waterfall.  He lands in the cave and looks about, scanning the area around.  He sees nothing.  The others make their way through the waterfall. "Come, let us go."

Tas Darkmatter falls into the water, is caught in the current, and struggles to get to land.  Shawn Daysleeper enjoyed the cold icy waters.  Jillian Newey keeps her bow ready.  Nimros slips into the ice cold water and hisses as the body heat is sucked out of him.. He makes his way up and back to Jillian's side, clothes dripping wet.

Heedless of any others but themselves, Tas asks Durzo, "If I am correct, how good are you with a sword?"

Durzo pulls his sword, swinging it in an arc carefully, the sword whistling as it cuts through the air. He grins. "I am well enough."

 "I think that you will be the one to distract the creature.  Just keep you eyes on it.  We will take care of Hondo."

Jillian Newey wonders to herself why Hondo would come in here alone? Nimros hears the  human's plans. He shakes his head..."That makes no sense, Tas."  But the human pointedly ignores the young elf.

Tas looks around.  "I think it is this way. It has been awhile since I have been down here."

Durzo nods. "I shall do so.  Perhaps, I shall teach it to stay in it's caves."

They walk away, and Jillian follows, the elf and the fae close behind.  The caves twist and turn back on themselves several times. Finally, Tas, who was in the lead, holds his hand up.  Nimros catches Jillian's arm and whispers, earnest, "I am unarmed...alow me to distract the creature...it makes more sense."

"I am afraid," she said.

"Allow me, Lady. Then you shall have two armed fighters to fend it off should it turn.  Friend Shawn can help you carry your love to safety."

But Jillian whisper, "No, here is my dagger."  The elf takes her answer as no.  Durzo whispers, "Let me distract it.  I shall keep it distracted longer than the rest of you."  Shawn nods.

Tas points and says in a quiet voice. "It seems that Hondo is alive, but he is laying on the ground."  Nimros nods and drops back to guard Jillian once more, but she breaks into a run for her mate, and he runs after her.

"Be careful," cautions Tas to Durzo.  Durzo grins.  "Of course."

Jillian takes a breath to cry out, but Durzo hushes her.  "Shhhhh.  It sleeps for now. Be quiet."

"Let me go to him, " she begs.  Tas watches Durzo plan his attack and slowly moves toward Hondo, to attempt to drag him away from the spider. Knowning his own youthful strength, Nimros moves up toward the human to assist, but the human motions the elf back.  Jillian's wings start twitching.  Durzo stands in front of the rest, sword at the ready.  He watches as the spider starts to stir. He looks back. "Grab him quickly!  I shall take it from here." He flies to the other side of the spider and stab it's big abdomen. Tas Darkmatter reaches toward Hondo and pulls him away from the water. 

Durzo yells, "Go, quickly!" He continues to fight the creature, his wounds bleeding freely.  Nimros rushes to assist the human.  "We must go...quickly. This is no dumb beast.."

Jillian Newey cries out,  "He lives!  We need to move him now!. There is many sacks of .......her food.... please, let's get him from this place....NOW!"

Tas Darkmatter nods to Nimoros to grab the other arm and both carry Hondo.  Nimros nods back, and heaves, taking an arm and wrapping it around the unconcious elf's waist and shoulders part of the body weight. Tas casts a quick glance at Durzo's desperate battle with the spider, as if he has seen this before.

Durzo jumps out of the water as the spider chases after him.  He goes down another corridor.  "Hurry!,"He yells.

The slender winter fae steps forward. Together, Tas and Nimroe help the fae cradle the unconscious Hondo in his arms.  With the additional dead weight, he struggles to lift off the ground in the crowded confines of the cave.  Jillian, numb with fear as she watched, rouses herself to command Tas." Tas, lead us out."

Quickly, they turn as a group and flee.  Nimros stays behind, gesturing wildly for Shawn to flee.  Shawn waits for his elf friend to follow.  They come running, flying wildly, out of the cave and through the waterfall.   Shawn gently places Hondo on the ground once he lands.  Nimros runs out behind Shawn and stops just behind him.  eyeing the entrance as others have turned their back to the watefall.

Durzo yells as he is bitten reapetedly, his wounds becoming too great. He loses consciousness.  The spider delivers the killing bite and drags his body away down a dark corridor.  Nimros' elven ears can hear, despite the cascading waterfall, the sounds of the spider digesting her meal.

Jillian Newey sobs for her healing is limited to what she can do for a spider bite. Tas, panting, announces, "Durzo was killed by the spider."

Jillian Newey sobs.  She cannot help anyone, she feels. Nimros nods, briefly.  "We must not stop here...we must move.."

"Hondo," whispers Jillian to her love, "can you hear me?" Tas looks down at Hondo.  "How is he?"

"Alive.  That is all I know.  We do need to move him to the healer's house." Tas nods.

Shawn Daysleeper nods. "That spider may come out and he needs a healer."

"Shawn?" asks Jillian.  "May I ask that you carry him again to the healer's house?" The winter fae nods.

Tas shakes his head.  "Durzo did not die in vain.  The spider was fatally struck."

But Nimroe does not believe the words.  He continues to watch the waterfall warily.

Jillian was speaking. "I will fly.  Follow if you can. I must meet you there. Nimros, please follow also."  Nimros bows his head and nods. Jillian Newey takes to the air, fearful for all that are on the ground.  Nimros takes up the rear.

Once they are there, Shawn and Jillian immediately enters.  Tas pauses and gestures for Nimros to proceed him into the hall, but the young elf, demurs. "Nay, my friend.  Please, I shall follow. I have sworn to protect the lady."

Upstairs as all enter, Shawn gently places Hondo on the bed in the room.  Jillian Newey looks at her husband, praying all will be well when he awakes.  Nimros moves to the windows and keeps a watch out.  Tas looks out over the land, out the window.  His eyes settle on the graveyard.  He turns to where Hondo lays on the bed.  "Seems you cheated death, this time."

 Jillian Newey leans over and removes the sword from Hondo and openly cries.  She lays the sword by the bed.   Tas gently places his hand on her shoulder, looking down at Hondo.  Shawn stands by the bed, deep in thought.
There is a crystal on the bed, by the unconscious elf.  Jillian speaks.

"The crystal grows brighter as it draws the poisons from him, but I fear it is not enough, and I do not know what to do." 

Tas turns to Shawn and looks as if to say, "thank you."  Jillian twists her husband's hair in her fingers, trying to call him back to this world.  Hondo stirs slightly, then lays still again.  A soft moan escapes his lips.  Jillian's heart leaps for joy, for ever this small sound from her mate. "Sleep well, my Heartsong."  She starts to sing a song her father sang to her in a tongue that must be elven.  Nimros stands stock still at the window.  Tas, hearing the song, steps back while she sings. 

Shawn Daysleeper smiles, realizes there is a patch of ground out there without any snow on it. He decides to take care of it, wisking away with a smile and waves. 

Jillian speaks to Tas.  "Tas, we need to help our young elven friend to find his way home."

Tas looks puzzled. "How did he get here?"  Nimroe remains gazing out at the window.

"Young elven Lord, you have helped me much, but how did you get here?"

Nimros blushes, even as he looks out the window.  "Please, Lady, among my people, I am but a fisher."  He bows his head and speaks quietly. "In truth, I know not how I came to be here nor where 'here' is."  He presses his head against the cold window pane. "One moment I was in Alqualonde...the next...here."

Tas smiles, his voice faintly states,"I know how you feel."  Jillian shudders at the name of the elf's home, as it is also the home of King Olwe.  She wants to ask questions but says nothing.

Nimros turns and briefly meets Tas' eyes.  "The skies went black...then I woke here, in the forest.  I know nothing of what befell my home...my parents...my...my king...Eru keep him."

"Hondo will rest.  Let us go down and sit. I will make some tea." Jillian Newey wings begin to twitch again. Tas Darkmatter walks over to Hondo, lightly puts his hand on his shoulder, "Rest, my friend." Nimros looks out at the snow and nods, waiting for the others.

"I will fix some tea for I need to get warm. May I get thee some also?"

Tas Darkmatter turns to Nimros. "I am sorry to hear of your loss, but we can hope all is well."

Nimros smiles a little, but his expression is troubled.

Jillian asks the elf, "What troubles thee, young one?"

Nimros looks up. "You have a descendant of Ugoliant in that cave...perhaps it is not as quick of wit as her first offspring, but certainly as deadly. I worry for thee, lady, and for thy lord.  For if such a one exists, it is a dark forbodding."  He takes a deep breath and continually gazes outside the window. "I worry also for my homeland, my kith, kin, and king.  I must return, my lady. Please, where is this land? "

Jillian Newey looks confused. "I know not where we are. We were summoned her to heal this land and we came. Tis an island, but I do not leave it it as I am the guardian."

 Nimros nods and chews on his bottom lip, his youthful face intent upon his thoughts.  "Yet, the creature had to come from somewhere...."

Tas listens as they talk. "I think there may be something in the caves that could explain some of these strange events."

"She had to come here from somewhere..Unless this was once part of a larger mass of land," muses the young elf.

"This may be true, but it has been this way since we have been here," answers Jillian.  Ninroe continues

"But only my King, who is one of the Firstborn, only he would have some inkling of her age or shed more light upon her presence....perhaps."  Nimros blushes.  "I am not old enough."

Jillian, with a sad expression, says, "I know of your king."

Nimros whirls around, forgetting the window, the snow, the smell in the room forgetting all but her words.  "You know?  Of King Olwe?"  He steps forward.  "What, Lady, what?"

Tas turns and looks out the window for a moment, then says quickly, " I must tend to something.  Jillian, I will return later to check on Hondo." To Nimros, he says, "I am glad to have meet you. I do hope you find your home and I." He leaves. Nimros gives a slight bow of the head.

 Jillian Newey, startled by this elf's reaction, steps back and fears to answer. She leans down and kisses Hondo's cheek it is cold to the touch . She covers him up and pushes everyone out the room.  Nimros follows, watching her body language and expression carefully. His youthful face drawn with concern.  What does she know about my king, he wonders.  How do I get home?

 > Next Tearmann      > Next Jillian