This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

July 11, 2011

Nienna Returns to Aman

< Previous    

Shawn Daysleeper and Lihan Taifun

Even though in the form of one of the singers, the Teleri, Irmo wanders in Olwe's gardens on the terrace of Olwe's palace in Alqualonde. He was getting used to life in the kitchen, and while Nole is constantly forgiving his manners there, he begins to feel that cooking is not for him. Th gardens here relax him, and he breathes the night air. He remembers his own gardens of Lorien and the Lake of Lorellin. The stars reflecting off its waters and the silhouette of Tillion's vessel gleaming over the isle in the lake. He hopes that his time here among the Teleri is helpful to their own hope and courage in these dark times.

Apakenwe is restless after dinner.  Wandering about the palace, she looks for her brother.  Though her non-physical senses are dimmed by wearing a mortal body, she retains some sense of Irmo's presence nearby, and finds him in the garden sooner than by chance. The spring had worn on into summer, and the flowers of the trees were well mixed with leaves. The flowers sighed in the barely moving air, and fireflies flew among the stalks of the new crops. "Noodles." Estelin grins as he looks over them. He feels the presence of another of his kind, his sister, as his eyes wander over the flowers on the terrace.

"Greetings, my brother." She sends a mental message.  Though they usually speak out loud, like the Teleri around them, tonight she wants to discuss matters best not overheard. Estelin's thoughts come back from the Blessed Lands. It has been some time since his sister spoke to him usng this means. "My sister, greetings. What troubles you tonight?" He returns using the telepathic means of communication.

 "Do you not think it strange for a dragon to appear here?  What can it mean?"

Estelin thinks for a moment before responding. "I have not seen one for so long. I do not know what it means for one to appear. I am not sure what motivates this beast. Its behaviour was uncharacteristical for a dragon. But, I am more concearned about it's injuries. Are not dragons among the most powerful of the kelvar?"

Apakenwe 's eyes grow troubled as she considers this.  "Very powerful creatures, indeed.  You are wondering what could injure such a creature?  I have heard of hunters who killed dragons ... though why a dragon who had escaped from the Dark One would run afoul of a hunter is hard to imagine.  Or perhaps it fought with another of its kind. Did not Queen Comet mention dragons who fought other dragons, in their war?"

"True that, but whatever hurt this beast is immensely powerful. You saw its wounds. Why did it fly here, rather than back to the land of it's kind? And what if it is being tracked or followed? I do not think Alqualonde could withstand an attack of that magnitude such as that on Dometis."

Apakenwe's frown deepens.  "I do see your concern.  I was only thinking Alqualonde was fortunate that Dometis is not minded to hurt them.  But yes, if whatever caused his injuries is following him, that would be very serious for this land.  And it might be beyond our authority to stop such a pursuer.  What would Manwe want us to do?"

Estelin closes his eyes for a moment in thought before responding. "I do not know. I think it may be worthwhile to visit Manwe and notify him of the situation here."

Apakenwe nods thoughtfully.  "I agree.  This might be a serious matter.  I could go, now, if you can keep them from worrying about  my absence."

"Good. I think this could develop into a potentially dangerous situation for the Teleri, should there be more to this that we have overlooked. I will cover your absence. When would you return?"

"I could talk to Manwe, make a quick visit to our brother's Hall in Mandos, and be back in a couple of days.  It has been a while since I checked on The Dead, and I do have responsibilites there.  That won't be too long to be gone, will it?  If the situation here gets worse, you can always send me a message, like this."

Estelin nods his head, despite no one else being nearby. "I will expect you in a couple of days then. If anything changes here I will notify you through telepathy. Be safe, my sister, and may Eru bless your mission."

"Thank you.  Oh, I didn't have time to finish the laundry.  The basket is sitting, wet, in the old servents' hallway.  Can you do something with it?"  Without waiting for a reply, she dissolves her physical body, and flies through the spirit realm toward the home of Manwe, Lord of the West.

"The laundry? How am I supposed to do laundry? I am barely able to cook, and now laundry?" Estelin shudders as he goes back into the palace to find his sister's laundry basket.

> Next