This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

July 27, 2011

A Walk in the Glen -- Part 2

 < Previous    

 Shawn Daysleeper and AelKennyr Rhiano

Manwe pauses in his walking at Ulmo's words. Over the vast expanse of time he had not ever considered his own certainty. Staring ahead into the multitude of trees before him, he whispers. "Perhaps you are right, dear brother."

That stops Ulmo as he moves alongside the Lord of the West. "Brother," he says, his voice low, a note of surprise. "You cannot see ahead to what will be, can you? Can you no longer hear the future strains of Song of Creation as it lays still be to be heard?"

Manwe shakes his head. "While there are certain aspects that I can not foresee, I am still certain I hear of other threads of time. I must be. I do admit, dear brother, that Eonwe's behaviour has confused some of my thoughts."

Ulmo takes a slow breath, realizing that for the first time since Blessed Eru bade the Ainur to sing the Song of Creation and bring the world into being, he feels anxiety about the future. For as mighty as the Lord of the Sea is, the passing of current events have left him in deep, troubled thoughts, as dark as the deepest part of the ocean. " I confess confusion as well, " answers Ulmo, and his voice relays the uncertainty he feels.

Confusion is not a good quality the Lord of the West should have. But there is no denying the fact his foresight on the unfolding events of the Song is clouded. "Disorder could be a tactic of our enemy. We must attempt to regain control."

"My Lord and much regarded brother, tender your heart has been toward Melkor, the fallen amongst us. I understand the reason for such feeling. But if he can affect a one such as Eonwe from where he is imprisoned, then maybe the time has come to speak of a more final solution."

Ulmo and Manwë
Manwe turns sternly to Ulmo, his mind suddenly focused amid the chaos. "Dear brother, you have always held the highest resentment to Melkor. We do not have proof that Eonwe has been corrupted by Melkor. Only that he has changed since I sent him on my missive. He could have been affected  en route or after returning, for he did not report to me immediately upon returning here. I had to summon him to my presence. I am going to summon Aule and ask for his view of his encounter with Eonwe."

Ulmo bows his head in respect to the Lord of the West. His voice is gruff as sharp is his memory of all that Melkor twisted, corrupted, and destroyed.  "Breath of Arda, I  am both subject and friend. I mistrusted Melkor in times long past and mistrust him still, but wise is the mind of Manwe. " He straightens and crosses his arms across is mighty chest. "And it gives me joy to hear the reason in your words. Surely the Maker can shed light."

Manwe nods. "With the complete account of the happenings in the chambers, we should be able to suggest the proper path Eonwe will follow to become cleansed. It may also shed light on other issues at hand and unravel some of this complication."


"Then, my Lord, Aule is to be summoned to Ilmarin, to have speech with you on this matter?" Slowly the gruffiness fades from his voice, and the warm affection and respect the Lord of the Sea has ever borne  the Breath of Arda rises to the surface. "If my Lord and friend wishes, I would be by his side for this, to fill the spot left vacant. If it would soothe the heart of Manwe, I would do this thing."

"I will welcome you at my side during this meeting, but..." he speaks softly, "you are not taking his place. I wait for the day Eonwe comes back to my side."

Ulmo looks into the eyes of the Lord of the West. "He will return to you, my Lord," Ulmo assures, though in his heart, all he has heard troubles him and makes the words sound more hollow than he would ever admit. "He will return."

> Next Manwë     > Next Ulmo