This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

November 15, 2010

Jillian Wants to be Found

< Prev  Tearmann      < Prev  Jillian      This is Hondo's first scene.

November 15, 2010
Jillian Newey

"I need this to stop, Hondo." Jillian is now tormented, sleeping or waking. While she is awake, scenes from her nightmare are  in her mind. "I need to find this Elf King. It is killing me".

She is now beginning to look like the king who is being tormented in her dreams.  She can not eat nor sleep. She is pale, and her wings transparent. Her hair is unkempt. Tormented. Yet she does not know why.  Hondo goes to the elven tower, one of the buildings left standing when they came to this land and petitions the spirits of the land. Answering a summons from desperate wizards, the Fae found the land deserted except for  a few buildings , some in ruin, and they begin to heal the land.  Over time, others came to the land, mostly travelers  seeking wealth and the answer to a great riddle: what happened to King Balfour. 

Long ago a group of humans were exploring these lands. In a cave they discovered a small vein of flowing lava.    Over the years the land flourished and grew. Over the years as more came to the land.  Jain Balfour, the leader of the group,  became the King and ruled the lands. He grew in power as his wizards learned how to tap into the power  released by the lava.   With this new found power, they were able to summon a demon. At first the demon seemed weak and allowed King Balfour to use him,     Jain  used the demon to create and shape the land and to build a great kingdom for his people; however, over time, the demon slowly  filled him with dark and paranoid thoughts. King Balfour begin to see those around him as a threat,   He sent his armies to destroy the kingdoms around him, but the more he killed, the more he saw his own people begin to question his actions. He tightened his grip and started to destroy those around him.  The demon gave him enough power to defend himself from those around him.

 The wizards  saw the demon's power growing and called forth help from the elves that  lived  in the forest.   With the combined power of humans and elves they  built a secret chamber to study the darkest magical arts,  They found a way to bind the demon,  but there was a high price to pay, the land was drained of all living things.

Now Hondo beseeches the same ones that summoned Jillian and other fae to the land to heal it. "Please find someone who can save my wife. She will die if this goes on."  His tears wash against the tree's bark.  Then a feeling sweeps over him, a sense that  his pleading is heard and that someone will come to help his love in her torment.  Hondo goes to Jillian and assures her, " Soon, my love, someone will come."

 Now he waits for something or someone to come.  But Jillian feels as cold as when the land turns to winter.  "Something is missing.  Something is wrong, and I can not say what it is,"
she says one day.  "Mother, Father, who am I, and why did you have to leave me? I am not elf, I am not fae.Who am I?" She collapse to the ground and sobs. "Someone find me please, and tell me who I am."

Healing the land has taken much from Jillian but not the nightmares. She has become very wary of everyone now: she carries her longbow and dagger wherever she goes. If only Tempest, the old one who helped her through her loss of her family, would return to the land, she could lean on him.
Hondo cannot bear all this weight she carries. He is strong but not in that way. He holds her when Jillian allows him as she cries, but nothing he can do will console her. His heart is breaking.

When Hondo is not around, this thought, this wild crazy thought, runs through Jillian's mind. "I will go look for this Elf King. I cannot wait for anyone. These screams are making me as crazy as the elf."  Jillian is not thinking of what her absence will mean. It has already statred with the cold and snow. All she can think of is the sounds that are making her crazy.

"If I leave when Hondo is not looking, If I just follow what I feel in my heart, then maybe I will find someone." Jillian looks to the east and says,"Yes, that way. I will..........yes that is what I will do".

> Next Tearmann      > Next Jillian       > Next Hondo