This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

November 5, 2010

The Teleri are Reunited and a Sad Journey

< Previous       
 Aloysius arrives with a note in his pouch, summoning Comet to the Clerics Hall.  She rises and makes her way.  Unbeknownst to her kin, Olwe sat in meditation, eyes closed, his concentration on the slow inhale and exhale of his breath.  Back ramrod straight, hands resting loosely on top of his upper legs, but the peace that always came to him so easily fails these days.  He sighs, ignoring the ever present voice, and rises, as he hears noise outside his room. He opens the door and passes into the great room of the hall, closing the door behind them.  He sees Llyra and bows his head to her and to the other maidens in the room.  Llyra Constantine tucks the sword she bears down a little more. "I hope you are well rested, Sire."

Outside the cleric’s hall, Azure Feller nods and bows to the Queen.  Faeathwen Oakleaf greets, “ Merry Meet. Queen Comet!” Faeathwen Oakleaf curtsies gracefully.  “My Queen,” says SnowBlind Infinity.  Rhiannon Rascon: smiles at Queen Comet, as does Brianna  Rioccan."Greetings, Queen Comet."  Azure Feller opens the door for her.  Eliana Hienrichs curtsies to the queen. “Greetings, Queen Comet.”  “Greetings, all,” she answers.  “Cousin, dear Olwe. How do you fare?”  Comet Quijote inspects his demeanor and appearance.

Olwe looks up as his cousin enter....a smile upon his face...he at first rushes to greet her but pulls up short...a look of indecision on his face...his hands ball into fists, and his voice quiet as he says..."Sweet Cousin."

Comet controls her alarm and forces a smile. Lyra speaks softly, "I am here, Olwe..no harm will come to her in my presence."

Olwe looks down and studies the floor.  "I dare not come near you.  The voice is ever present."  Comet Quijote nods slowly, trying to grasp his state.

Llyra Constantine speaks to the Queen. "He has been infected, Majesty. The ritual cannot come too soon for him."  Comet responds, “I understand.”

Azure Feller  walks slowly up and down just outside the door, keeping watch. Faeathwen Oakleaf eyes Snow's axe. Outside, Nole approaches the Cleric’s Hall, anxious to see his King.

 “What shall we do?” Comet asks.  Olwe swallows hard and listens to Llyra's words.  He whispers, "They do not understand."  Comet Quijote glances to Llyra, a cloud passing across her face. ” I cannot truly understand what you are experiencing, Olwe, but I want to do anything we must to help you.”

Olwe brushes at his clothes, muttering about spiders and pits.  Then he looks at Comet with recognition of the state of things.  "It is more than infection, Cousin.  He seeks my soul."   Daza Mistwalker looks carefully at King Olwe.  Comet Quijote's blood freezes as his statement rings through her mind. She gasps, "Yes, I know this is the truth."
Llyra Constantine nods slowly, "...and is why a special resurrection must take place by one who is qualified, Sire."

Elenwe follows Nole to the door but hesitates, wondering what she will find inside.  He sees his king and smiles, rushing forward.  As he does, Comet asks her cousin,” Has Lord Daza told you what this…ritual entails?”  Olwe swallows hard and looks deep into her eyes, a pained and tormented look in his eyes.  He is haggard and worn, and his words come slowly.


Llyra Constantine inclines her head to the entering Teleri, and Comet turns to graciously greet the Teleri sailor, “Lord Nole.”  She smiles slightly.  Elenwe is overwhelmed with joy to see her king, but stays against the wall, out of the way. Eliana Hienrichs nods to Lord Nole.  Daza Mistwalker fidgets and paces, not at all comfortable with the huge crowd but comforted by the presence of the queen.  Nole looks into his king's eyes, sees that they look like he is going through lots of pain.  “My King, " he reaches out to take his hand.  Comet Quijote looks down to hide her tears.  Pixie Hammand looks around the room and sees many worried faces. Llyra Constantine notices Pixie come into the Hall and motions her forward, to assist the queen.  Pixie walks to Comet’s side.  Comet Quijote gives a grateful look to Pixie for her arrival.  Pixie Hammand gives a warm look to her queen.

Dominique Darkwatch looks at the king and the other Teleri and closes her eyes and whispers a prayer to Iluvatar for songs on the wind of peace and reassurance.  Meanwhile  Powers Constantine moves to guard the east door. Llyra Constantine nods her thanks to the dragon for his foresight

Olwe looks up and sees Nole and Elenwe and a smile flits briefly across his face.  But then he steps back against the door.  "My dear ones," he says warmly but sadly.  Nole speaks, “My King, what has befallen you?”  Elenwe comes alongside Nole and drops into a curtsy as she waits to hear what her king has to say.  Comet Quijote shakes her head in silent answer to Nole.  Olwe answers Nole, “Do not come near me, Nole, for thy own sake.” Nole heeds his king’s warning, steps back hesitantly, tears in his eyes.

Daza Mistwalker clears his throat "My queen....I have explained the ritual to the lord high king."   Llyra Constantine remains watchful of the King and his movements so near to the Queen.  Comet Quijote seems awakened from a trance by Daza's voice speaking to her, and she wretches her gaze to him.  “I see.  We all know there is nothing that we know of that can be done other…”  Elenwe's heart sinks at those words, "nothing can be done."

Brianna Rioccan looks back through the window and checks on her Commander. Comet continues.  “We have tried.” She turns to Elenwe.  “Lord Daza successfully cured our afflicted.”  She swallows hard. Olwe speaks.

"I wage a battle within me... down to the core of me....and I cannot be trusted.  I do not trust me.” He looks longingly at his Cousin.  "I waited and waited for Tilion, Comet."
Comet Quijote nods quickly and extends her hand in urging him not to become further upset. Daza Mistwalker grows a bit more agitated, having forseen certain things.  Nole starts listening to the conversation around him, while watching his king.

“I called his name, so many times in the night.  I looked into my heart, to find his love, which I have always felt.  But there, in the shadows, is the Voice.”  Llyra Constantine: "The Voice acts as a wall, this much we do know, Sire."

Comet Quijote speaks to the Teleri sailor. “Lord Nole, it is a terrible thing that must be done, but, if we do not, Olwe will not return to himself.  He may as well have died in the woods.”  Nole looks at his king, and his heart pains to see him this way. "I understand. He must go through with this ritual. If there is any chance he will become like," he chokes on his ears, “like he once was..”

Olwe looks at Comet with a great longing and loss and snaps in spite of himself…”I am not lost yet…do not speak of me as one not among you!”

Comet Quijote turns to Olwe. “No, we will not let you go, Olwe, cousin, beloved.”

Elenwe wills herself to remain calm, to be strong for her king in his time of need.   Llyra Constantine looks to Daza, "How soon can we do this?" Dominique Darkwatch steps closer and continues to whisper a prayer for the king.

“I am here. I am among you.  I am Olwe.”  Olwe closes his eyes and breathes deeply.  “I am still who I was…still, no matter what the voice says.”

Comet answers, “The King of the Teleri will not fall! Not while I live.”  Daza Mistwalker sighs. "This will take time."   Llyra Constantine shakes her head. "There is no more time, Daza! I will pull from the Wellspring, but this needs to happen soon."

“Take time?" Nole looks urgently around. "What can I do to facilitate this ritual?"

Daza Mistwalker answers. “There are so many things that we have to do first...a potion....he needs a partner....we need tomake a circle and it needs to be consecrated."

 Olwe takes a step toward Comet, but stops. His eyes open, and the wide-eyed blueness is so very much his familiar expression.  “Wait, all of you, wait.”  There, again, is the quiet dignity in his tone, that ancient, gentle command.  Daza Mistwalker furrows his brow and listens.  Olwe looks at Dominque. “You, you are the cleric of Illuvatar?”

 Dominique Darkwatch nods "Yes, oh king, I am." Comet Quijote holds her breath.
“I am at your service.” She curtsies.  Powers Constantine is concerned that the King cannot last much longer and wonders at the delay.

“I have asked for you.  Blessed Eru, you hear the voice of Mighty Manwe, who discerns the will of Illuvatar,” says Olwe.  Comet Quijote gazes at Dominique.

Dominique Darkwatch looks down. "But, I am not sure what I could do, aside from the prayers I already offer."

“I must know the words of Manwe in this matter.  The will of Illuvatar must be my will, as well. Always have the Teleri obeyed the will of  the Vala, and the will of Illuvatar.  I cannot do this without knowing whether I go now, into further darkness…especially with what I must ask my Cousin to do.”

Brianna Rioccan hears Dominique through the window and offers some prayers as well. Pixie Hammand watches the queen closely, knowing how difficult this must be for her.  Dominique Darkwatch blushes slightly.  Comet Quijote gasps. Olwe gazes tenderly at Comet.  “My dear sweet one,” he begins…stops, gathers himself.  Comet Quijote sobs openly now.  Pixie Hammand reaches for Comet's hand.  Elenwe looks in turn at the concern and sadness on the visage of all in the room.

 Llyra Constantine frowns, "Majesty..."

Olwe blushes and tears form in his eyes.  “You whom I have loved, I have seen you become a great queen.”

Comet Quijote takes Pixies hand and releases it, stepping toward Olwe. Dominique Darkwatch searches her heart, trying to discern how she can possibly meet the king's request but watches hopefully for a sign.  “Beloved Cousin,” starts Comet.

Olwe stretches out a hand and allows his fingers to brush one of her hands before pulling back.  “I wish, Blessed Illuvatar, I wish, this task could pass you by.”  He pauses and reaches out to brush a strand of hair back behind one of her ears.  “Mayhap it will yet.”

“ What..do you mean, Olwe?”

Olwe smiles with great affection at his cousin and says gently, with a teasing in his voice, much like days long past.  “Now, that I am heeded…please, I pray, please hear my wishes.”   Comet Quijote nods in confusion.  “ What do you wish?”

Olwe glances over at the cleric.  “I ask that while this fair cleric seeks guidance from the mightiest of all the Vala, preparations are made for this dreadful ceremony.   I ask you, if it comes to pass, and the Vala do not forbid this thing…” his voice catches.

 Comet Quijote swallows a sob, and Dominique Darkwatch 's eyes widen.
“Then in your graceful hands, I will place my life, and let it be as Illuvatar wills as to what happens after, Sweet Beloved.”

Comet Quijote looks into Olwe's deep blue eyes. Pixie Hammand catches her breath and looks towards the queen. Elenwe feels alarm growing as she guesses at what might be about to happen.

“We carry the same bloodline, Comet. If I fall, one of Eldar blood will still gather the elven clans.  We will still stand.”

Eliana Hienrichs watches the Queen, wishing to take away her pain. Daza Mistwalker continues to pace, most agitated at what he knows what must now follow. Comet Quijote's heart sinks to the pit of her stomach as she begins to grasp the meaning. She steps backward.  Pixie Hammand puts a hand on Comet's shoulder, steadying her.  “You can't mean that ..”

Llyra assures Olwe, "You will not fall, Sire."

“Tillion serves Manwe. He cannot leave his duty or he cannot hear me or else….” Olwe’s voice trails off, deep sadness coming to his face.  Then he shakes his head.  “No, it must be he hears me not.”

Nole can hardly believe his ears. "You will never fall, my king." Dominique Darkwatch bows her head low and continues to pray as a tear begins to stream down her cheek. "I will seek the will of Iluvatar through Manwe, M'lord and King."

“It may be he is forbidden to interfere,” The Teleri king muses and looks down at his shirt, then flicks away something no one else can see. Olwe smiles at Nole.  “I am but what I am, Nole.  I can fall as any elf.”

Comet says, “You speak madness, Olwe, Dearest.”

Llyra Constantine frowns again, "Majesty..." she says as she puts out an arm, "Please step back a bit."  Daza Mistwalker peers carefully at the king's odd behavior, having watched him do something similar the other night...as if some unseen thing crawls on him.  Olwe steps back.  “I AM mad, my Sweet Queen. “

Comet Quijote has not taken a breath for several minutes and draws a gasping breath.  Llyra Constantine says softly, "When darkness stalks, unseen things crawl from the shadows," she recalls from a story once told her.  Daza Mistwalker looks a bit plaintively at Llyra, wondering if she can help him.

Olwe paces and breathes a little heavily.  “But I am aware of what Daza sees when he gazes at me and talks of me as if I am not in the room.”  He nods at Daza and gives him a level look.  “And well he is to be cautious of me.” Olwe’s gaze sweeps the room. “So should you all be wary of this mad king.”
Llyra Constantine looks at Olwe, studying his energy from a distance. "Sire, you need to rest while we make preparations." She turns to Dom and nods. “You have some work to do, Dom."

Elenwe moves to stand next to her friend Nole. Trying to hide the fear in her voice, she whispers, "My lord Nole, what? How?" Her voice dies away as her gaze moves between Olwe's and Comet's faces.  Dominique Darkwatch looks up at Llyra and then to the king.  Olwe looks at Comet gently, tenderly. “Comet?”

“Dearest Cousin.” 

“Unless the Vala themselves interfere, or Illuvatar forbids…take my life…in the hope of saving my soul.”  Daza Mistwalker breathes deeply hearing the words.  Dominique Darkwatch gasps, hearing the king's words

Pixie Hammand catches the eye of the Sun Dragon, grateful he is here for support.  Powers Constantine smiles reassuringly at Lady Pixie. Nole remembers the tarot prophecy, and pulls a circlet of pearls out of his pouch. He holds it so Olwe can clearly see it.  Comet Quijote turns her gaze to the pearls for a moment.

The glint of the metal of the circlet catches his eyes, and Olwe smiles, sadly.  “The circlet Ulmo fashioned, the day he bid me take the Teleri west…” A chill draft drifts thru the room as the dawn breaks.  Olwe smiles and extends his hand to Nole, for the circlet.  Pixie Hammand starts to sob, a tear falling down her cheek.  Nole says quietly,  "I have never seen you speak without reason, my king, while you wore this. Ever since you recieved this, you have guided us with reason and kindness." Nole hands his king the circlet.

Daza Mistwalker's eyes widen at the sight of the circlet. "Of course."

 Olwe turns to Comet as he dons the circlet and slowly a single tear courses down his cheek. Llyra Constantine raises a hand, calling flames and sending them around the room, warming the stone tiles. She smiles approvingly at the heat rises.

"I love you, Sweet Cousin," Olwe says to Comet.  She smiles slightly.  "If it is the will of the Vala, do this thing for me." He starts to reach for her hands but then pulls back.  "And let no blood stain thy queenly hands."  Comet Quijote begins to shake her head in a silent “no."

Elenwe grips Nole's arm tightly at the king's words.Pixie Hammand wraps her arms around Comet's shoulders.  Elenwe holds Nole to prevent him approaching his king, as she knows instinctively he would.

Olwe bows his head.  "I cannot compel, nor will I." He straightens up and looks at Nole. "Send a swan to Earwen. She is to dispatch to Alqualonde and take up the mantle of queenship."
Daza Mistwalker eyes the queen.  Llyra Constantine drops her eyes to the floor and shakes her head, "Majesty, you must do this."

Comet looks at him. “What?” 
Pixie Hammand looks at Llyra with concern and fear.  Elenwe whispers to Nole, "Lord Nole, I will prepare and send then swan as our king desires. You must stay here with him."  Nole nods to Elenwe. "Safe paths to you on this task." Elenwe curtsies. "My king, as you wish."  Backing away slowly, eyes fixed on her King, Elenwe makes her way out the door with a heavy heart. Nole’s gaze follows Elenwe to the door, then he turns back to his king.

"I cannot rule as I am, and I will not force my Cousin to do this thing...Therefore, She must take my crown, and I must..." he pauses..."I must not succumb." 

Llyra Constantine grits her teeth, unable to hold back the angry words. "Not succumb?! Do you know what it cost to drive back the darkness so you could speak with us?" She looks at him, flames dancing in her eyes.  Olwe meets her eyes.  "I do."  He bows his head.  "More than anyone here, I do."

Daza Mistwalker nods in agreement with Llyra and looks at the queen "You know the price of it. You watched how long I suffered."

Olwe looks once more at Comet. "Cousin, I...I need..."  Comet Quijote stands frozen.  "I need you to take my life. to kill me."

Comet Quijote lets out a muffled shriek and covers her face with her hands.  Pixie Hammand holds tightly to Comet, fearing she will collapse. 

Llyra Constantine: "I do NOT let go, Olwe!" She looks at the Queen. "I know of your history and your strength, for I could not willingly serve you if it were not so. You MUST do this."  Comet Quijote stares incredulously at Llyra.

“How can I kill you, my lord, my kin?” asks Comet.  Dominique Darkwatch looks down at the floor, feeling small and helpless as she prays for guidance and peace for her king and her queen. 

Olwe blushes. “You may yet have to, Llyra." He gives her a soulful, sad half smile.  "Not that anyone could have battled greater, but we both know we are both losing this fight...slowly...surely."  Nole is shocked by the king’s words.

Llyra Constantine stares at the king, her eyes hardening as she whispers again, "I will not let go."

“ Olwe, I would die for you but...how am I to murder my own blood?” asks Comet.  More tears come to Nole’s eyes.
Olwe answers, "The voice jeers at me every waking hour...even now, it tells me that my own beloved kin will lock me away, forever mad."

Daza Mistwalker narrows his eyes, knowing all too well the risks involved more than anyone else. "My queen, what you do is an act of love and mercy in order to free him from a life of madness and torment."

Olwe looks at her, and says softly. "Daza has the dagger.”  Comet Quijote takes the deed into her mind, and her courage rises.  Eliana Hienrichs looks proudly at her Queen.

"If the Vala do not forbid it...if Illuvatar does not forbid...then it is not murder, Comet…" his voice trails off.

Daza Mistwalker sees the pain in the room and silently curses the price these weeds extract.  "It is merely a way to break the hold of this Voice.." Llyra says, knowing that she understates it but is worried for the Queen and her cousin.

Comet Quijote recalls the moment she raised her father’s sword and slew the assassin of her father. Pixie Hammand sobs openly now and speaks softly, “My lady..."

"I have watched you grow, Beloved.  I have seen you, your strength. I know you better than any in this room."  Olwe smiles at her with a love both tender and familar.  Dominique Darkwatch watches, tears streaming down her face. "But if you cannot do this...I will not force it."  Then he cocks his head, as though someone is whispering to him, and then turns his head to an unseen presence. "NO, she loves me!"

Comet Quijote nods, composing herself, seeing her fate. Olwe continues talking to the voice, "Earwen can be Queen.....No, she does not wish my death...she is my daughter...Father of lies!"

 Comet Quijote cries out to the air to the gods to the demons that torment Olwe.  "YOU SHALL NOT HAVE MY KIN!!"  Powers Constantine grins at hearing the fiece determination of the Queen—finally.

 Llyra Constantine nods sharply, finally hearing the words from her Queen.  Olwe shakes his head, lowers it a moment, flexes his hands and clenches them back into fists.  Breathing heavily, he turns a sane look back to Comet.  "I...cannot...hold much longer."

"Soon Daza, how soon?" asks Llyra.  ominique Darkwatch feels a cloud gather in the room and begins to silently and gradually attempt to dispel it.

Comet Quijote speaks, “But, the deed shall not be done with any instrument less pure than Eledwhen, sword of power!” Dominique Darkwatch nods and breathes, "So sayeth the queen!"

Llyra Constantine sends a look of gratitude to Dom, having felt the energies begin to creep in.  Olwe turns to Dominque.  "Go, Cleric of Illuvatar, take my words to the winds of Manwe."  Dominique Darkwatch nods and fights back more tears. "Yes, King Olwe."  Olwe closes his eyes a moment and moves his lips in a silent prayer of his own. "And know my thanks, gently Cleric."

“ Please prepare yourself, cousin,” said the Queen.  “Prepare yourselves all who with participate in the fateful day. NOTHING CAN GO WRONG!” Llyra Constantine's lips curve into a smile, for she had felt the power of that blade when she had been knighted. It was more than it appeared.

Olwe looks back at his Cousin.  "Nothing shall," he whispers to her.  "My life shall be in thy hands and in the will of Eru."

Daza Mistwalker looks at the king and Nole. "I think the King would be best served if he returned to his own land.  Away from the dark flowers."  Comet nods, to Daza, catching her breath. “Agreed, Daza,” said Llyra. "I cannot leave the Wellspring for long, so the timing must be right. How soon?" she asks Daza. Daza Mistwalker sighs "We may have to meet there once all preparations are made. This cannot be rushed. We have but one chance.  I hope we are doing the right thing."

 Nole nods.  “I agree as well.” Dominique Darkwatch looks to the King, somewhat misty eyed. "I will go with the king. I feel I should be near to him while seeking the will of Iluvatar through Manwe."

Olwe, too, nods at Daza's words.  "I want to go home, to Alqualonde.”He turns to Nole. "Send no message to Earwen yet." Comet Quijote nods a short nod of affirmation.  Nole bows his head at his king’s command. 
Comet says in an aside to her people, “Please see to the King's needs and that he reaches his vessel safely.” Nole answers, "We can leave anytime, Elenwe has begun the preparations."  Comet Quijote smiles. "Yes. I will leave you all to prepare to board the ship. She turns to Olwe.  “Goodnight dear cousin. I hope we do the right thing.”

Comet Quijote smiles. "Yes. I will leave you all to prepare to board the ship.”

Olwe turns to his cousin and gives a half smile. “Strawberries will be ripe...You still like strawberries?" Olwe somehow pulls himself back from some unseen threshold of madness. Those around him can see him struggle, even if they cannot fathom the effort it takes. "Then when this is done, we will dance in the palace, and you will have strawberries to your heart's content."

Comet Quijote nods. “We will, indeed.”

Olwe reaches out and catches her elbow and pulls Comet to him in a fierce hug.  "Thank you, "he whispers.  “I know what I ask of you, Beloved. I know, and forgive me." Comet Quijote nods silently to Olwe."What a Queen you have become, Sweet Comet.  Thy parents smile upon thee."

“I can only hope.”  She prepares to leave.  “Farewell, Dearest.”  Olwe nods. “Sére ar alasse ar saila, mâlon!” (Peace and joy and wisdom, friend.)

Comet Quijote turns to Pixie and signals to leave. Pixie Hammand follows Comet.

Daza Mistwalker claps his hands "Good! Good!....then the wheels are in motion!"

Olwe turns to Nole."Do I get to steer?"  Nole smiles. "I think I should handle it, my king ."Olwe pouts a moment.  "I cannot think why all sailors tell me that.  I am not that bad."

Llyra Constantine looks at Daza, worry in her face. "I cannot leave until just before, you understand?"

Nole takes his kings arm and leads him down to the waiting vessel

Daza Mistwalker nods to Llyra. "I will let you know when. We will need our strength."

Olwe turns to Nole and says, "I was not the one to pull the scratch on the royal barge.  That was Earwen."

"Farewell Sire, I will see you soon." Llyra backs away and moves to the fire.  Olwe turns to Llyra and bows.  "If we never meet again in this life...we shall surely in the next."

Llyra Constantine smiles. "Surely, Sire..it shall be."

Eliana Hienrichs adds, “Safe paths, King Olwe.”

“Good Night, King Olwe.” Powers Constantine bows.  Behind them, Daza Mistwalker sighs wearily. "Still so much to do...."

 “Water,” says Olwe, his step lighter.  “Let’s go home, Nole.”

“Yes, my king,” answers Nole.

> Next Olwë       > Next Comet      > Next Sylvhara