This is the old site.


This is the old website. The new site is
http://www.fellowshipofthefourthage.com/
Watch for updates there. Bookmark the new site.

March 21, 2011

The Killing Blow -- The Ritual

< Previous     

Olwe bows his head, his voice gentle but carries. “Beloved, I would, for all the world, this thing not be yours to do, for there are tears in your eyes.”

Comet draws the sword of power, "Eledwhen." It rings clear and strong has draws from its sheath. She gasps at its weight, its vibration in her hand.  Dominique Darkwatch backs up, keeping her head bowed in earnest prayer, trembling slightly

The Queen of Sylvahara looks into Olwe's eyes and says to him,  "Beloved, heavy lays the sword in my hand, and heavier, still, this heart, which loves you.  Forgive me, Cousin, that it is by my hand, this heinous deed is done. For if I have not your pardon from your lips, I cannot this deed do.”

Olwe takes his hand and rests it over her hand gripping "Eledwhen", squeezing, and holds her waist with the other hand. “Sweet Comet, from my lips then hear my heart, and know you are blameless.  Look in my eyes and see not accusation but loving gratitude. Gaze upon my face and see the love that has always been, and will be for you, untouched by circumstances that bring us here now.  Feel the touch of my hand and know I fear not the touch of yours not of any deed by your hand, nor will my spirit revile you or accuse for the thing now given to do.  Stay by me, Comet, this night.  Unto your hands, I commend my very body.”

I shall strike swift and true, Beloved.  No pain shall you feel, nor shall I leave your side, but be both the last face you see when your vision dims and the first when you to us return, and shall guard your body with my very life.”

“Forgive me, Beloved," whispers Olwe.  Ivy Paderborn turns her head away, unable to watch.

"For what, Beloved?”

Olwe, with the hand that rests upon hers holding "Eledwhen," directs the blade himself to give him the necessary mortal wound.   Ivy Paderborn winces and cries out as the blade is pressed to King Olwe.  Then the Lord of Alqualonde drives the sword deep into his own body.

"Beloved, why?  WHY?” Comet screams. 

Elwing gasps as the scene unfolds before her. Llyra Constantine prays silently to the author of her faith, beseeching Him for the life of the King.  Malakyte Thorne watches closely but still gasps softly when the blow is struck, knowing her queens heart must be breaking.


Olwe: “Forgive me, Beloved, for I looked into your eyes, and the pain there…I could not bring you such pain..not even for this…not even to save my own life…Forgive me. ) I…you have no blood upon your hands.  My blood…is…upon mine.”

Estelin bows his head silently. Powers Constantine holds his breath, his heart aching for them both. Olwe sinks slowly upon the couch, his knees buckling.

Dominique Darkwatch's eyes widen in shock, and she gasps in spite of herself. Comet drops the sword: it clatters to the floor.  Llyra Constantine's silvered orbs show no response to the tragic scene but instead glow with the energies she has begun pulling...her body seeking to do it's duty to her will.  Ivy Paderborn brings her hands to her face, covering her eyes as the tears seep out from beneath them.  Upon the couch prepared for him, Olwe clasps a hand over the wound to hide it.  Apakenwe watches intently, with silent tears.  Elwing looks down and begins to pray fervently for the safety of her Uncle.  Comet covers her mouth with her hand.  Powers Constantine takes a deep breath as the sword hits the floor.  Malakyte Thorne sighs, watching in silence.  Nole gasps at the act and then covers his face in sorrow.








> Next